Friday, April 22, 2011

DANCE ICON


Death is a part of every persons life, though we know we are bound to this state, we often end up crying or grieving for the lost souls  of those who are close to our hearts. Earlier this afternoon, I was busy preparing our house for a homecoming of a relative. So busy I only like checked facebook 4-5 times today from 1:00PM to 9:00PM. Like on my 3rd or 4th check, I was able to have a very serious update from my colleague Vincent Hermano saying our dance trainer Mr. Alfredo Victor Uy has already joined our creator. Of something, I am surprised, I am affected so much. As what I have said, there are times, though we are epecting death, we can't really just act normally, that we still cry. I did not cry, I just felt I lost a very important person in my life as well.

Last 2009, I lost my grandpa Cornelio Lipa, 2010 I lost one of the oldest friends my dad have, Tito Magong Makilan, of which I sometimes get my allowance when my parents forgot to leave me some, and earlier this year I lost a dad's friend as well, Tito Boy2 Javelona, who is a close relative as well. The feeling of having to hear eulogy speeches is something that I can't really sustain. I end up teary-eyed to crying normally, how much more if they are important people of my life.


Mr. Alfredo Victor Uy, or Sir Victor, was our trainer when our college (La Salle College of Nursing) bagged it's first ever Cheering Championship title 2010. He was the first choreographer I worked with when I have decided to take part in my college activities through the school fashion/musicale production show ALL OUT 2: The Musical, the time when I was exposed to the college council activities, thus giving me a break to becoming one of the active members of the college's cultural committee.


Sir Victor was an inspiration to a lot of people. He taught as about humility over victory, and acceptance upon failure. He was the person who stressed how important attitude is as a dancer. Being a part of a team where I am not one of the best dancers, I have felt equality, with him everybody has equal opportunity, so as long as we practice discipline. He gave as so much lessons about personality that is why, a lot of student nurses look up to him. The leaders of our college from 2007 until even 2012, are all inspired by his training, and though the succeeding classes may not have experienced his greatness, we still consider him as his products, since we the nursing leaders have also taught them attitude the same ways as how Sir Victor & Miss AJ did. Sir Victor made us realize that winning or losing is not really everything, but the gift of friendship is, the gift of talent is, of later on I considered, the Gift of RED SQUAD. He taught us how to faithful people, he taugh us how we should be thankful to the Lord for givig us talents, offering everything to the lord during our performances and accepting what God has to offer for the results. Sir Victor taught us about healthy competition, that we should only focus on our own team, and not be concerned with the other teams. He taught as how to stand professional, and how to healthy competitors.


I guess the closest experience I have with him was during our first cheering competition together, being his dancer, and being a person who usually fears result announcements, I was sitting beside him along the AVRC stairs of La Salle Cody Hall, where he was just quiet, I was telling him sir I hope we one, and he was telling me to just keep quiet and pray. He will always be remembered of the Choco Mucho, and that tradition we always do before we perform. His hypertensiveness will always be remembered. All of us we partly scared of him, but everybody is just inspire more than being scared. Everyday with him was "make sure" days, as he always tell us, "how you are on practice is how you will be in the competition", so nobody was really laid back and confident about the competition until that very day that we were hailed Champions. Sir, I know you're going to tell us it's because we worked for it so hard, but the truth is, we may not have won that if it wasn't for you and your team who were miniature representations of you. Haaaaay, can we call ourselves little victors? Not just of dance but also of personality and leadership.

Most of the leaders in the La Salle College of Nursing can attest of how good Sir Victor is as a person. He was also one of the people behind the success of La Salle College of Education, where they were able to attain GrandSlam success.


As for the College of Nursing, Sir Victor is our father in the Nursing Red Squad, though he has not been able to teach us for the last 2 years of the competition, we were still moved by his passion, his attitude, his optimism and thankful that through him, the college was able to have little trainers, such a big discount for a College Officer like me.

Sir Victor, how we wish you may have more people to inspire, to teach, but we know you are on a better place now. A place where there will be no competition. The way you like it, where everybody will dance just for the heck of it, for the sake of beauty, talent and for God.

You will forever be remembered, and your virtues will always carry as we continue to be an inspiration for others. To be angels of God, to be little dance trainers. For as long as we your beloved student nurses are alive, your words will always be. We are all looking forward to that day where we can all dance with you again. Until the next show. WE ♥ YOU SO MUCH.

1 comment: